Monday, June 05, 2006

Prebirth appointment

Last Friday I went to the hospital for what's called a prebirth appointment. There, I preregistered so I won't have to register when D-day arrives, and then I had an appointment with a nurse to go over my medical history, learn infant CPR, share my birth plan, install the car seat, etc.

The nurse wasn't ready when for me when I arrived, so they sent me to the waiting room. You'll never believe it. There with her family was a woman in labor that very moment. She was awfully young. She and her baby-faced hubby were probably twenty or twenty-one. I think her belly was even smaller than mine! And her legs were so tanned and shaved. I thought there was some kind of rule that by the time you went into labor, you were supposed to be too fat to bend over to shave your legs.

5 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some moms get a total pedicure with flowers and designs on their toenails. But I don't think it will make a bit of difference in the big scheme of things.
FYI: I had Jon's Grandma help me struggle into pantyhose before I would go to the hospital. Who knows what I was thinking- I had to take them off to be checked!! Hormones were really kicking in.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Husband shaved her legs and she probably tanned nude on the back porch. LOL

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Pantyhose. I love it!

And Sherri, you're probably right. That babyfaced husband must've shaved her legs. :)

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had Brooke Wax my legs during pregnancy cause there was no way I was going to be able to reach them.

Danielle

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Good lord. And here I was prepared to deliver in a hairy state. I wonder how Bob is going to feel about having to shave me legs... (Actually, I have to admit that I'm still able to shave my own legs. My real problem is that I can't find the charger to charge my electric razor!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home