Friday, May 05, 2006

Thirty-two week visit

Good news. As you probably know, I've been measuring large, so I was scheduled for an ultrasound today to see what's up. The ultrasound is much more exact than the crude uterine measurements they've been doing thus far.

According to the ultrasound, I'm right on track. Kidney Bean is right there in the 50th percentile for weight. No due-date revisions for me! K.B. weighs in at a healthy 4 lbs., 5.5 oz.

In other good news, K.B. is now presenting normally, which means s/he's transitioned to the head-down position and is no longer breech. I reported at twenty-eight weeks that K.B. was still breech, which was no cause for concern. I've since found out that 25% of babies are still breech at twenty-eight weeks, which is less than I thought. Oh, well. Doesn't matter now, because K.B. is no longer breech.

Remaining news from the visit: I've gained another five pounds, for a total of twenty-five pounds so far. Also, today was the first time ever that the nurse didn't say "Excellent" after taking my blood pressure. Yes, my pressure is elevated. It's not high, but it is considered high for me. Previously, my dialstolic pressure (the bottom number) has been in the sixties. Suddenly, it's jumped to 82. I'm scheduled to go back in a week (instead of the usual two weeks) to have it checked again.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Yay for not being breech anymore!!!! Hope the BP comes back down. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home