Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Childbirth education

Bob and I started childbirth education classes last Monday night. Except for someone who is due in August, I had the smallest belly there! I'm officially fixated on the size of my belly. I keep thinking, "What if the baby is not getting enough nutrition, which is why I'm so small?" Thank goodness I'm getting an ultrasound my next visit (two-and-a-half weeks from now) so I can get a better idea of what's up. Why can't I be satisfied with, "Every baby develops differently and every woman carries differently?"

I don't know why I'd be concerned that Kidney Bean is small. I've definitely felt a transition over the past couple of weeks. Fewer kicks and more squirms, which would indicate that K.B. is already starting to feel a little bit cramped.

5 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger cori said...

hey there! i found your blog via the babes in blogland blog. we have the same due date!!! which makes you my new best friend! (just kidding).

i too have noticed a transition over the last few weeks of less kicks and more squirms/shifting sort of moves. crazy to think that these little guys have 10 weeks left!

your last post with the link to the babycenter pic of our babies/bodies at 7 months made both my husband and i dumbstruck. wow. we can't imagine someone that big in there either!

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! feel free to visit my blog or e-mail me any time!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wait till he/she is kicking your bladder, pushing up on your ribcage and poking you in the kidney. :-( oh I miss it. But not enough to have another one right now!

Danielle

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hi Cori, thanks for stopping by.

Danielle, I've felt plenty of bladder kicks, but I'm still looking forward to rib and kidney kicks. BTW, the World Health Organization recommends that you wait for two years after delivery before trying for your next. :)

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea!!

Danielle

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Of course, those crazy folks at the World Health Organization also want us to breast feed for two years, too. Good lord. Exactly what word do you teach the child to use when they're hungry? Obviously, "bah-bah" for "bottle" won't do... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home