Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Weepiness and other weirdness

It's like I'm back in the first trimester. Just about anything can make me tear up. Yup, I'm back to crying when the puppies on the news are rescued. I don't know what my problem is. I've never read that this is a common third trimester occurrence, so perhaps I'm just weird.

Speaking of weird, on Sunday night I was suddenly struck with the chills. Even though it was 71 degrees in the house (a temperature I would normally describe as "sweltering"), my teeth were actually chattering. I took a shower to warm up, and soon after I realized that I had a fever, too. No other cold symptoms. Just fever and chills. A couple of hours later, I called the midwife on call, who suggested I take Tylenol. Now here's the weird part. Within a half hour, fever and chills were gone, and they never came back. What the heck? Who gets a fever and chills for only three-and-a-half hours?

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the land of hormones. I had the weeping disease on and off during my pregnancy and worst of it was toward the end. I broke down in Office Depot one day trying to pick out ink for my printer. I think I scared the poor young sales girl.

Good news! It doesn't stop after the baby comes. It does slowly wear off. I am almost back to normal 3 months later. :-)

Danielle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home