Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thirty-six week visit

My blood pressure is down a bit more -- 112/74, which is good news. I have high hopes that they won't feel the need to induce me. I have no desire for an induction b/c you can't walk the halls or use the jacuzzi. Based on the ultrasound, Kidney Bean is roughly 5 lbs., 10 oz. Imagine that! At that weight, K.B. remains right there in the 50th percentile, which is a great sign, I imagine.

In other news, they're concerned about the swelling in my hands, face, feet and legs. I'm skeptical that I have any swelling in my face, even though both the doctor and the midwife have mentioned it. I mean, come on -- I've always had a big round face! I will certainly admit to obvious puffiness in my hands, feet, and legs, but I don't see it in my face. The midwife has encouraged me to remove my wedding band, but I hate the thought. I already bought a new one that was 2 1/2 sizes bigger than my regular one, but I obviously underestimated just how much I would swell. Plus, they didn't have any bigger sizes in stock. :) Oh, well. They can cut it off me if necessary. That's why I bought this cheap one. Who cares if they have to cut off a thirty-dollar ring?

4 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi jess---
I'm tentatively planning to be up north in the third/fourth week of august so i definately want to see you and the fam while i'm there. are you planning to be around then?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm gonna be latched to a newborn, so I can imagine where I'll be besides home. :)

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can avoid induce, do it. Both Brooke and I can testify that inducement is not fun at all!!

Danielle

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

An induction would be an entirely different story if they hooked you up to an epidural first and then started the Pitocin drip. But nooooo. It doesn't work that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home