Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Another milestone

I knew I was forgetting something yesterday when I was talking about milestones. Here's a dubious one. My first stretch marks appeared this past week. People are saying it's early. Sigh. It's not exactly unexpected. I've seen my mother's stomach. I already knew I didn't have good genes for stretch marks. Contrary to what some might think, you can't control, reduce, or eliminate strech marks by applying lotions, cocoa butter, etc. (Products claiming otherwise are lying.) You either have genes that are resistant to strech marks or you don't. Apparently, I don't.

5 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

The good news is, for my second son, I didn't get a single stretch mark.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

The day after I wrote this entry, more strech marks appeared. At first, I had two. Now I have five!

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. My doctor called them Badges of Honor.

Danielle

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I suppose that can be my nickname now -- "Stretch."

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! Love the nickname! Going to start using it immediately!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home