Thursday, June 15, 2006

Not ready for prime time

This is a recurring theme: I am so not ready for motherhood. Case in point...

Last night while having dinner with friends, I decided to help out with the ten month old, who was sucking on an empty sippy cup. (Heart of gold. Get the baby more juice. Where's the line for the halos?) As I took the cup, a never-ending line of drool formed from the kid's lip to the sippy cup. The farther away I pulled the cup, the longer became the line of drool.

Ewwwww.

What kind of mother gets grossed out by drool?? It's not even snot, for crying out loud, which is really gross. How am I supposed to wipe snotty noses with my bare hands (a prerequisite for motherhood, is it not?) if I can't even stand the sight of drool?

5 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

And you realize that you will be changing a LOT of poopy diapers, right? And will be peed on at least once in the first two weeks...

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Wait until the first time you have to clean up throw up. The whole drool things becomes a piece of cake. LOL

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

The weird part is that it's not as if I haven't dealt with babies before. I took care of my sister when she was just a baby, so I've handled all kinds of nasty stuff. Of course, other than spit up, I'm not sure I ever cleaned up her puke...

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry it is different when it is your kid. and once you have your baby you will be amazed at how things that totally grossed you out before, you don't even bat an eye at.

Danielle

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Danielle, I've heard before that "it's different when it's your kid." I really hope it's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home