Monday, February 13, 2006

Big weekend

Friday afternoon was the big day. My keyboard tray was pushed up against my belly, and I felt the first little flutters of life! I was writing an email to my friend Brynn when it happened. I knew immediately what it was -- no doubt about it.

I felt a couple more little flutters that afternoon, along with a few little pokes. After feeling all those pokes, I knew for sure that I'd actually felt the first movement last Tuesday. I was in bed trying to sleep when I felt a little poke followed by another weaker one. I wasn't sure, though, because it didn't feel like fluttering at all, and that's what I was looking for. I mentioned it to a coworker the next day, who assured me that it couldn't have been the baby, so I dismissed it as a muscle twitch. I didn't feel anything else until Friday afternoon.

Since then, movement has remained sporadic. Kidney Bean was active during dinner Saturday night, providing several little kicks for my entertainment. Bob seems happy about it, although I think he just thinks I'm cute for being so excited.

In general, I don't seem to feel fluttering unless something is pushed up against my belly. I only feel the more definitive pokes.

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

So cute! Perhaps kidney bean is a future soccer player?? LOL

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy was always very active whenever I was sitting on the couch typing on my laptop. I am not sure if he liked it or not. Those first few movements are wonderful aren't they. Michael I think thought it was all in my head, that is until he was finally able to feel for himself.

Danielle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home