Thursday, March 02, 2006

New milestone

My wedding ring has been getting tighter and tighter, so last night I finally pulled it off to see if I could still get it off. It almost didn't come off. I really had to pull, and it hurt like crazy.

I don't know about you, but whenever I've gained a couple of pounds in the past, my ring would be hard to get off, but it would slide back on fairly easily. Not this time. I almost didn't get it back on, and then I started crying. Not because I was fat, but because I couldn't wear my wedding ring. I finally forced it back on, which was a really bad move. My finger was now throbbing and went numb overnight.

I tried to get it off using the dental-floss trick this morning, but I couldn't remember how the trick worked, and I did it wrong. Then I tried dishsoap and hand lotion, but to no avail. Finally this afternoon I looked up the dental-floss trick. I found a message board with a ton of tricks, such as wrapping dental floss around your finger to bind it, using Windex, soap, warm water, cool water, etc. Apparently though, the secret jeweler trick is Preparation-H -- yes, folks, that right, use hemmorroid cream to reduce swelling and remove your ring.

I decided to save that one as a last resort. I wrapped some floss around my finger and soaped it up. It took a couple minutes of painful tugging, but I finally got the ring off. I think I'm going to buy a bigger replacement ring, because I can't stand the thought of walking around without a wedding band, especially not when I'm pregnant. I'm way too old to be walking around looking like I got pregnant by accident. :)

7 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My,Oh, my! I know how how you feel. I cried when I couldn't wear my wedding Ring either. I think that was when I pregnent with Aunt eileen. I was 28....So you see..

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

My sister is tiny, too. She's 5'6" and weighs something like 106 pounds. She's not mean about the weight difference, though. It's terrible to think your sister would do that to you.

Just today, I recommitted myself to eating healthier. I'm ashamed of myself for feeding this baby crap all the time. I'll keep everyone posted.

Isn't it funny how people assumed the two year old was yours? You'd think a more natural assumption would be that you were a baby sitter or a nanny.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

awwwww...... hang in there jessica. Only a few more months to go.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Right now, I'm wearing a cheap little trinket ring that I bought in Florida on our honeymoon. At the time, it was a thumb ring! Now I'm wearing it on my ring finger. :)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Keeping you posted: I hate eating healthy foods.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

You could wear it around your neck on a nice gold chain.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Awww, so it's close to my heart, right? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home