Monday, February 20, 2006

Another big weekend

I took Kidney Bean snowmobiling this weekend. The adventure began with something as mundane as my snowmobile suit. Who knew it would take a team effort to get me in it? After ten minutes of trying by myself to zip up my bibs, I finally asked Bob to zip me up, which he accomplished after some effort. And naturally, the moment I got into them, I had to pee, so off they came. After Bob helped me into them again, I discovered that they were so tight I couldn't sit down on the sled, so I had to unzip them partially just to sit. Next, I needed help to zip up my coat. It barely fits without any layers under it.

I'm not sure what Kidney Bean thought of the ride. It was a little rough in one spot. I could actually feel the contents of my belly jiggling. After that, I told everyone we had to slow down. Of course, for how many millennia have pregnant women ridden horses, donkeys, camels -- or more recently, ridden by horse and buggy or train? It probably didn't bother Kidney Bean a bit, but the midwife had recommended I stick to groomed trails for a smoother ride, and groomed this trail wasn't. Afterwards, my legs were killing me, because I spent more time than usual squatting above the seat to absorb the shocks with my legs. My throttle hand had a terrible cramp, too, because by riding slower than usual, my hand and thumb were at an awkward angle. Still, I had fun, and maybe I'll get to go one more time before the end of the season -- and before I grow out of my suit completely.

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I went snowmobiling when I was pregnant for Zachary. LOL!! I know exactly what you're talking about. :D

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well and had a great time sleding.

Maybe all that standing will help with the weight gain...it counts as exercise! ;)

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Now that I've discovered the joy of maternity clothes (all elastic, all the time), I never want to go back to regular clothes!

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes maternity clothes are very comfortable, but there is nothing like being able to fit back into your pre-maternity clothes again. I will admit that since I am still at home I will sometimes wear my maternity pants cause they are soooo comfy!

Danielle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home